Thursday, December 17, 2009

Heading Home

In less than two hours Alex will have finished with her fourth and final exam of the semester. 24 hours after that we will be on a flight to Philadelphia, via Miami. To say that we are excited is an understatement. Alex has been in the books until midnight or later for the past two weeks straight preparing for this and I have been spending my evenings tending to the apartment, cooking dinner, and staying out of her way.
Alex and I have moved into a new dorm room on campus in the past few days. Our old place had two bedrooms with matching furniture, but no lounge/ living room space. This new place has the same space, but the second bedroom has been turned into a living room, complete with TV and couches. There are other little touches here and there that make this space feel much more home-like. We are very excited for the change.
My job has been relaxed these past few weeks. A lot of effort was out into preparing for the kids' christmas musical performance. The unifying story throughout the performance was a newscast, and yours truly was roving reporter Frosty the Weatherman. I'll try to post clips of my performance when I can get my hands on them.
Al and I are excited to see family and familiar places, experience cold weather, and grab all of the things we wish we had brought down here in the first place. It's amazing how clearly we see what we should have brought. Within seconds of our arrival in August, it seems, we were putting together a list of what we would bring back down in January. Whether it was DVDs, more razor blades, the correctly sized bath mat, or extra pillows. There was no shortage of our absent supplies. Now we know, however, and we won't blow it again. (PS-Yes, we will!)
See you all soon.


And one note to St Kitts. While we're gone, try not to do anything too awesome or exciting. Those sorts of events don't seem to happen to often around here, and I'd hate to think I missed it when it finally did come.

thanks-
jake